Friday, June 27, 2008

Sketchbook Sampling

Here are a few of my favorite selections from a recently completed sketchbook. The first is a caricature of one of my wife's teachers (done while I was visiting the class). The second was for a personal project of mine (that is still "in the oven" of my mind). The third was more of a random doodle that seemed to come out pretty well.



I've just begun my trek back into the world of art school, so all my insecurities are coming back to haunt me. My work needs more polishing, my figures need more volume, I need to improve on shading, and on and on... but I'll get better (the only way is up!).

1 comment:

kim and ned said...

Looks good to us. You are way to hard on yourself, but then so is everyone else. We really love your work.
It was awesome hanging out with you guys at the fam. reunion.

You guys made out blog page, check it out.
themightyarmstrongs.blogspot.com