Tuesday, January 11, 2011

829 hours and 34 minutes later....

....we are done! Since May I've been working on Tyler Carter's film DreamGiver. Most of the film is 3D animation, but I got to be a lead on the 2D sequence of the film. We had a daunting task-- finish 50+ shots in practically one semester-- but we did it!!! We had an awesome team of animators and clean-up artists who really took this film as their own and made miracles happen.


In my humble opinion, this is one of the most beautiful student films I've seen (and trust me--that's not because of anything I did). I have been truly blessed to be a part of it, and to work with such amazing artists.

I hope to update my demo reel soon, and then I can share a festival-friendly post with you. Hopefully you get a chance to see the entire film somewhere as it makes its festival run over the next year or so.

Thanks Ty!

9 comments:

Heather Dixon said...

Oh! I want to see it!

Anthony Holden said...

Nice work, and congratulations, Aaron! So, is that some kind of joke, or was is really that many hours?

Aaron Ludwig said...

Thanks! Actually yes, that is an EXACT time count. Really.

Nate Villanueva said...

Congrats, cant wait to see it!

Mary Ludwig said...

It's amazing! You guys will love it! Good job Aaron! I'm so proud of you- and everyone else who put in countless hours. It's amazing that this film basically took up a third of lily's existence. That puts things into perspective doesn't it?

pibby said...

Cool! When can I watch it? Congrats!

Shay said...

Looks great bro!! Can't wait to check it out!! Does this mean it will be at Sundance? Lol

Ty Carter said...

THANK YOU AARON! Wouldn't have been possible without your insane talents! And I say talents because it is plural in all its glory!!!!!

Michael Mercer said...

Yah can't wait!